The Northern Nut Growers Association, Inc. (NNGA) is a national non-profit organization founded in 1910 for the promotion of hardy nut bearing trees and select minor fruits, their products, and their culture. It has members throughout the United States and a number of foreign countries. Our members include beginning nut enthusiasts, farmers, amateur and commercial nut growers, research station staff, teachers, nut tree breeders, nursery operators, and foresters.
The NNGA members meet at different sites once a year, generally in August. We visit local amateur and commercial orchards, research sites, nurseries, and nut processing plants. There are lectures on all aspects of growing nut trees for the hobbyist and the commercial nut grower. Both amateurs and professional experts are on hand to share their knowledge and experience. There are demonstrations of grafting, advice on cultivar selection for your climate and soil conditions, nut evaluations, and displays of equipment and new products. Several members usually donate nuts for cracking and eating at our conferences.
The NNGA is a tax-deductible 501c(3) organization. Donations to the NNGA and its research fund are tax deductible and tax exempt to the extent allowable under the provisions of IRS Code 501 (c) (3).
- Greg Miller, OH -- President
- Shawn Mehlenbacher, OR-- Vice President
- Debbie Milks, KA -- Treasurer
- Sandra Anagnostakis, MA -- Secretary
- Robert Stehli, OH -- Immediate Past President
- Linda Grimo, ON - 2018-2022
- Joe Hietter, OH - 2022-2022
- Gordon Wilkinson, Ontario, CA - 2019-2023
- Jeanne Romero-Severson, MO - 2019-2023
- Ray Rusmisel, OH - 2021-2024
- Kris Heeter, IN - 2021-2024
- Tucker Hill, PA - Secretary Emeritus