NNGA Library : Persimmons
Articles & Books About Persimmons
The articles summarized below have appeared in an NNGA Annual report and are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 – 1974 which can lead you to other articles on persimmons is available for purchase.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the library request.
- Growing Persimmons in Tree Shelters by J. Lehman, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Lehman reports favorably on the use oft tree shelters for persimmons.
- Persimmon Production in China by Z. Wang, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Zheli Wang discusses persimmon production in China.
- Chemical, Sensory and Aroma Volatile Profiles of Japanese Persimmons Grown in the Southeastern United States by S.D. Senter, et al., 10 pp
82nd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1991- Seter et al compares attributes of 5 Oriental persimmons studied at the USDA, ARS Fruit and Nut Tree Research Laboratory, Byron, GA.
- Sudden Death Syndrome in Khaki Persimmon: Some Observations by G.L. Reighard and J. Payne, 3 pp
82nd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1991 – Reighard and Payne report on the puzzling death of oriental persimmons in Georgia and South Carolina plantings.
- The Effect of Shrink Wrapping Persimmons on Change in Color and Astringency by J.A. Payne, et al., 7 pp
78th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1987 – Payne et al relate their findings on the use of shrink wrap to prolong shelf life of the oriental persimmon.
Books & Files
- UNCOMMON FRUITS FOR EVERY GARDEN Lee Reich, Timber Press, 2004
- Miscellaneous information: persimmons Loose-leaf File, 14 pp