NNGA Library : Persian Walnuts
Articles About Persian Walnuts
The articles summarized below have appeared in an NNGA Annual report and are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 – 1974 which can lead you to other articles on persian walnuts is available for purchase.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the library request.
- Alternate-year Walnut Pruning Can Boost Yields, Cut Cost by W.H. Olson, et al., 6 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Olson et al compare the results of different pruning schedules on an orchard of Ashley walnuts over an 8 year period.
- Development of Late Leafing Persian Walnuts by C.W. Farris, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Farris tells of his work with genetically improving the Persian walnut.
- The U.S. Walnut Collection: Composition and Future Direction by K.S. Rigert, 7 pp
82nd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1991 – Rigert takes the reader on a tour of the National Germplasm Repository at Davis California.
- Walnut Culture in Western Washington by D.S. Balser, 4 pp
82nd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1991 – Balser shares his experiences managing a Persian walnut orchard in western Washington state.
- Persian Walnut Improvement in China by Xi Sheng Ke, 3 pp
81st Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1990 -The results of a 12 year study of Persian walnuts by the Research Institute of Forestry, the Chinese Academy of Forestry, Peoples Republic of China.
Books & Files
- NUTSHELL GUIDE TO GROWING WALNUTS by Clive Simms, Orchard House Books, England, 2003, 32 pp
DVD Disks & Video Tapes
- WALNUT HUSK FLY: BIOLOGY, MONITORING AND CONTROL STRATEGIES by University of California Press, 1996 (video tape)