NNGA Library : Pecans
Articles & Books About Pecans
The articles summarized below have appeared in an NNGA Annual report and are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 – 1974 which can lead you to other articles on pecans is available for purchase. An online index of Nutshell articles through 2013 is also available on this website.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the library request.
- Propagating Pecan and Black Walnut in Missouri by University of Missouri Center for Agroforestry, 1994, 10 pp
- Pecan Cultivars Differ Greatly in Susceptibility in June Drop by R.E. Worley, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Worley compares 16 pecan cultivars for their susceptibility to June drop.
- Shuck Decline in Pecan Induced by Fruiting Stress by D. Sparks, et al., 15 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – The influence of fruiting stress on shuck decline and nut quality is evaluated on pecan trees.
- Return Fruit Set Following a Record Pecan Drop by D. Sparks, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Sparks compares fruit set, following the record harvest of 1993, for 4 widely planted cultivars in Georgia.
- Sumner Pecan Succumbs to Scab by D. Sparks, 2 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Sparks documents the first reported incidence of scab on a pecan cultivar until now thought immune.
- Predicting First Entry of Pecan Nut Casebearer From a Budbreak-Based Chilling and Heating Model by D. Sparks, 7 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – Sparks presents his model for pecan nut casebearer infestation.
Books & Files
- PECAN CULTIVARS – PAST AND PRESENT Tommy E. Thompson and Fountain Young, 1985, 265 pp
- TEXAS PECAN HANDBOOK Volumes I and II, Edited by Larry A. Stein and George Ray McEachern, 2007, 285 pp
- TEXAS PECAN HANDBOOK Texas Agricultural Extension Service, 1993, 330 pp
- PECAN CULTURE by Fred R. Brison, 1974, 294 pp
- PECANS – A GROWER’S PERSPECTIVE by G. Wesley Rice, 1994, 198 pp
- PECAN CULTIVARS by Darrell Sparks, 1992, 445 pp
- Pecans 1 of 2: Misc. Management & Propagation Loose-leaf File, 133 pp
- Pecans 2 of 2: Misc. Pests, Disease & Fertilization Loose-leaf File, 140 pp
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI CENTER FOR AGROFORESTRY PAMPHLETS: Propagating Pecan and Black Walnut in Missouri
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI CENTER FOR AGROFORESTRY PAMPHLETS: Growing Pecans in Missouri
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI CENTER FOR AGROFORESTRY PAMPHLETS: Why Pecans