NNGA Library : Pawpaw
Articles & Books About Pawpaw
The articles summarized below have appeared in an NNGA Annual report and are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 – 1974 which can lead you to other articles on pawpaw is available for purchase.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the library request.
- The Pawpaw (Asimina triloba (L.) Dunal): A New Fruit Crop for Kentucky and the United States by D.R. Layne, 8 pp
NortScience 31:777-784, 1996 – Article contains pictures of pawpaw.
- Cooking with Pawpaws by S.C. Jones and D.R. Layne, 12 pp
KSU Pawpaw Ext. Bull.-001, 1997 – Contains nutritional and cultivar information, and approximately 25 recipes.
- Pawpaw Taste Test at King College by R. Moyer and H. Lusk, 2 pp
84th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1993 – Moyer and Lusk conduct taste test of 10 pawpaw cultivars.
- The Pawpaw Project by M. Blossom, 3 pp
84th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1993 – Blossom recounts the history of the pawpaw in the U.S. and relates his own experiences with this minor fruit.
- Pawpaw by Corwin Davis, 1p
83rd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1992 – Davis offers tips on pawpaw cultivation.
- The Pawpaw by M. Brett Callaway, 14 pp
83rd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1992 – Callaway offers an extensive look at the pawpaw and offers suggestions for its improvement.
- Pickin’ Up Pawpaws by T. Mansell, 3 pp
80th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1989 – Mansell offers advice on pawpaw cultivation.
Books & Files
- UNCOMMON FRUITS FOR EVERY GARDEN Lee Reich, Timber Press, 2004
- PAW PAWS (with song) California Rare Fruit Growers Yearbook, 1974, 206 pp
- Miscellaneous information: Pawpaws Loose-leaf File, 74 pp