NNGA Library : Hazelnuts
Articles & Books About Hazelnuts
The articles summarized below are an example of the kind of information in the NNGA library. An index of NNGA Annual Reports from 1910 – 1974 which can lead you to other articles on hazelnuts is available for purchase. An online index of nutshell articles through 2013 is also available on this website.
When ordering an article, its name, length, and the Annual Report it is in is required. Note this information for inclusion on the Library Request.
- Interspecific Hybridization in Hazelnut by Veli Erdogan and Shawn A. Mahlenbacher, 9 pp
American Society of Horticultural Science 125(4): 489-497, 2000 – This is a technical article on hazelnut hybridization.
- Genetic Improvement of Hazelnut for Cold Hardiness and Culture by Liang Weijian, et al., 3 pp
85th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1994 – The Economic Forestry Research Institute of Liaoning Province, Dalian, China hazelnut breeding program is discussed.
- Distribution and Characteristics of the Eastern Filbert Blight Epidemic in Western Oregon by J.N. Pinkerton, et al., 8 pp
84th Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1993 – Pinkerton et al trace the progress of EFB across western Oregon.
- Commercial Hazelnuts in Michigan by C.W. Farris, 2 pp
83rd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1992 – Farris reports on the commercial Hazelnut industry just beginning in Michigan.
- Starting a Commercial Hazelnut Orchard by S. Grinnell, 2 pp
83rd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1992 – Grinnell introduces the reader to commercial Hazelnut production.
- Tennessee Hazelnuts by C.W. Farris, 2 pp
82nd Annual Report of the Northern Nut Growers Association – 1991- Farris tells of his successful Hazelnut planting in Tennessee.
Books & Files
- COVEGNO INTERAZIONALE SUI NOCCIUOLO, 1983, 100 pp (in Italian)
- INTERACTION BETWEEN HAZELNUT SHOOT DEVELOPMENT AND BIG BUD MITE (Thesis) by Jean E. Burgess, 1983, 70 pp
- VEGETATIVE PROPAGATION OF THE FILBERT BY MEANS OF BUDDING AND CUTTINGS (Thesis) by Gregory E. Hubert, 1977, 68 pp
- Hazelnuts: Miscellaneous information Loose-leaf File, 102 pp
- MONOGRAFIA DI CULTIVAR DI NOCCIUOLO (Italian) by P. Manzo and G. Tamponi, 1982, 62 pp
- PROPAGATION OF THE FILBERT BY SEEDAGE AND GRAFTAGE (Thesis) by Emily S. Nussbaum, 1982, 111 pp
- ASPECTS OF MANGANESE NUTRITION IN FILBERT TREES (Thesis) by Ricardo S. Silberman, 1983, 73 pp
- ANNUAL MEETINGS OF THE NUT GROWERS SOCIETY OF OREGON, WASHINGTON AND BRITISH COLUNBIA, 1987 TO 2008
Articles are geared towards commercial producers of hazelnuts. Contact Jerry Henkin, NNGA Librarian, at email@example.com for details about these publications.
- OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY PAMPHLET: Growing Hazelnuts in the Pacific Northwest, 2002
- OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY PAMPHLET: “Santiam” Hazelnut, (OSU 509.064), 2005
- OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY PAMPHLET: Orchard Economics, 2002
- THE HAZEL TREE by Cecil W. Farris, NNGA, 2000, 74 pp
- THE AUSTRALIAN HAZELNUT by Imre. Tokolyi, 1981, 43 pp
- HAZELNUT GROWERS BOOKLET Victorian Nut Grower’s Association, 1988, 33 pp